Important details to know before you stake:
● You can combine fixed and flexible stakes.
● If you have a fixed stake, you must initiate unstake procedures prior to the end of your stake period or else it will be automatically renewed at the same lock-up period. (see below for more details)
● When you unstake a fixed stake, you will not be able to transfer the funds to your personal wallet until your lockup time is expired. Your stake will still be valid for the duration of your lockup period. (see below for more details)
● If you unstake a flexible stake, you must wait at least 7 days before being able to transfer the funds your personal wallet.
Here is the fixed staking process with screenshots
This is what your “Green Mining” tab will look like before you make any stake. You do not see your wallet balance, you only see details related to your stake.
NOTE: The rest of this article is copied from the official Matrix Medium article introducing the staking options. It is merely here for reference. The full article can be found here.
Introducing Fixed and Flexible Staking
Once this update goes live, the Matrix AI Network will support two different stake types: Fixed Stakes and Flexible Stakes. Both have slightly different behaviors, rules and attributes.
Please note that you must first stake enough for a Masternode (10,000 MAN tokens for a Mining Masternode or 100,000 MAN tokens for a Verification Masternode) before the above rules apply. Additionally, you must always ensure that you have enough stake for a Masternode.
How to calculate stake rewards?
Stake rewards are distributed to every person with a stake every 3,600 blocks. Each individual’s stake rewards are calculated as follows:
1. First, everyone’s stake reward is calculated using the following formula:
Individual stake weight is determined as follows:
2. Second, penalties are applied. Penalties are calculated as follows:
Please note that the % of blocks when an individual is offline will not exceed 75%, even if the individual Masternode has been offline longer.