In the past, after each update patch to Matrix AI Network, users had to go through complicated procedures to update their Masternodes. To simplify this, we’ve developed EasyGMAN, an application that enables people to launch or update their Masternodes in just a few simple steps.
EasyGMAN first came to our official site two weeks ago. Now in a new version, it also supports launching or updating a Masternode using Snapshot files.
For more detailed guidance, please check out the relevant video on our YouTube channel.
1. Download the gman zip package
Go to www.matrix.io/downloads. Download the Matrix Masternode Deployment Guide and Files.
2. Download EasyGMAN
Download EasyGMAN from the homepage of our official site. Choose the Windows or the Mac version depending on your operating system.
Launch Your Masternode in One Click
Decompress the gman zip package you’ve downloaded. Install and open EasyGMAN. Select the gman folder you get from decompressing the zip package. Copy the keystore password automatically created for you. Enter the keystore password and create a password for launching your Masternode. Wait for the integrity check to finish, and click Start to start syncing blocks.
Update your Masternode in One Click
Decompress the gman zip package you’ve downloaded. Install and open EasyGMAN. Before updating your Masternode, do the following:
1. Select the gman folder you get from decompressing the gman zip package in EasyGMAN to initialise the new gman.
2. When prompted to create a new keystore file, select Cancel.
3. Take the entrust.json file and the keystore file out from the old gman folder. Put them where they belong in the new gman folder.
4. Select the new gman folder containing entrust.json and the keystore file in EasyGMAN.
5. Click Start and enter the same password as for launching your Masternode in the past.
1. If a message pops up saying integrity check has failed, select the gman folder again.
2. Be sure to save your keystore password and the password for launching your Masternode.
3. The Snapshot files are already in the new gman zip package. You don’t need to download them separately.
4. Your Masternode will complete syncing in 1–2 days. Please don’t close EasyGMAN before the process is finished.
5. You may click Stop to cancel the syncing if there is need.
Please note: As Matrix AI Network is not undergoing an update at this moment, if you choose to update your Masternode with EasyGMAN, you may miss out on some rewards while your gman is offline.